Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Quick Thank You

I just wanted to say a quick thank you before I go to bed tonight and before I write to Mason in his journal. I am told tomorrow i won't be in any state of consciousness so before my surgery tomorrow I just wanted everyone to know how grateful my husband and I to have you in our lives.

Over the last week our friends and family have done so much to support us and send us their love. We knew that our story would affect people but we never dreamed that so many people would feel for us to the extent that has been demonstrated to us through prayer, messages and even with everyone wearing blue tomorrow. I hope that we have conveyed how much we appreciate your thoughts and prayers and how much of our love and appreciation is being sent right back to you.

Today was different than other days. I'm not sure if its a combination of having to fight for what is right for our baby, if it's that today i knew what was coming when we went in for our second appointment, or if its simply all the support we have felt. I am guessing its a combination of all three but today was the first day that i felt good. I laughed at silly things, I was able to visit and actually enjoy my time with family members and i was able to see a clear future for my husband and I with the family we desperately want. Before that thought just wasn't fathomable for me, but today we started to make plans for our future: when we will start to try again for a baby, plans for family therapy, plans to better ourselves in the 3 months we are waiting until my body will be ready to start all over. I really want to take that time to get in shape, take all the vitamins I can, volunteer around town and spend that time showing my husband how much I love him and appreciate him for everything he has given me the last few months and especially the last few weeks.

Thank you everyone who has contributed to me having a day like today.

God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment