Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Undies After Midnight

Consider this part 2 to my December post Boobies Near Midnight

Once again it is in the wee hours of the morning and I am wide awake and while I am sad to disappoint any of my 'boobie' readers, this is going to be a compilation of all the things swirling in this little noggin of mine surrounding my move home. I have no idea when I am supposed to move home, but I have to be ready at any possible moment- and I find myself appreciating and hating things about  my current situation and figured I would share them, in hopes that it at least makes someone laugh. Hopefully there aren't too many insomniacs out there reading this tonight though. I'm afraid I won't help you get to sleep any sooner...

Apartment Living:
Pros-
You get a clean slate when you move in. There are all kinds of possibilities of what your time, well 6-12 months there could be.
If your a nosy person, this is the place for you.
Having your own place means celebrating your marriage where ever you want...
Living without roommates is always amazing... throw those undies wherever you want!
Oh man is it loud... at like... every minute of every day!

Cons-
While exploring all of those possibilities there will certainly be messes that you end up paying for when you leave.
Beware of the nosy neighbors- because when there isn't anyone else to listen to- they are probably listening to you!
Thin walls make it hard to celebrate marriage at any level you want...
Living without roommates means you can't blame things on anyone else. Also, messes don't go away 'magically'


Moving Back to Our Parents House:
Pros-
Saving money is the best encouragement
Despite my husbands efforts, he just doesn't decarbonate a 7UP for an upset tummy like my mommy does
There are always snacks around in a large family- and when most of them are women, there is always a hidden stash of chocolate
We don't have to cook as much, especially when we have busy schedules ;)
Quiet time and sleeping in is actually possible

Cons-
Surrendering more money than your required to so you don't spend your new overhead- which means once again having to ask them for your own money.
Mom doesn't let us watch tv on the couch all day when we are sick... and she doesn't call out for you either.
Did i mention the never ending food availability? Just pack on those lb's now...
I love my parents, i truly do, but my husband kicks their ass in the kitchen
No more undies anywhere philosophy ;(

Something to add to both of these lists is that we are grateful to have been able to live on our own for 3 years. We didn't have any roommates for the last year and it was the best year (at least living together wise- 2012 can still suck it) so it will be a huge adjustment to go from it being just the two of us to an entire household of family. We are grateful to have this opportunity to move home and save some money while we are in our 'transitionary period' of our lives. I am excited to have people to spend time with when my husband is busy. I spend a lot of time home alone as it is, which can be super boring. However, I will probably always be a homebody, which i kinda love... but i like that I'll have the option to change that lonely heart status if i want to. But there is nothing on any list that could make me happy about spending any amount of time away from my husband, as it seems inevitable that I will be moving home before him. Boo on that....

Now we wait for the phone to ring... and its super annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment