Friday, March 30, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Well my soul searching mentioned in my previous post had to be rushed a little bit. Today, I will be actively making changes that will land me back in the bay area approximately 6 weeks before my husband is due to move back. This was always a possibility, but now that it's actually happening I am freaking out a little... ok a lot.

I know that this is the best move for us in the long run, but I am overwhelmed with the knowledge that I won't see my husband every day. We are very close, we spend every possible moment together... so the fact that we will now have to rely heavily on phone calls, texts and skype is somewhat terrifying. I know we can do it, we are incredibly bonded and genuinely like talking to each other (something i am sadly told is rare in most marriages) and we are both determined to have a better future together. I am just being a baby about it....

I also have made some decisions about some of my dreams that I've had for myself for quite some time, but never had the courage... or the resources... to do it. I am going to go back to school when I move back home. I have even decided where I am going to school, which is a big deal for me... I love to talk about all the things I'd like to do... but I am no so good at the following up part. Especially when an easier path is in front of me, I don't typically go out of my way to accomplish selfish goals.

I have loved doing hair and makeup my entire life. I used to sneak my mom's makeup when she was at work and spend the entire summer hiding with mirrors doing my makeup or playing with my hair. When i was in high school, everyone came to my house so I could do their hair and makeup- it was beauty central and I loved every minute of it. (Keep in mind I went to 16 proms- so i had a LOT of practice.) I did lots of hair and makeup for my friends who were in plays, and even some weddings. It is my happy place. I even cut my family and friend's hair from time to time, and I have probably dyed almost everyone's hair with not a whole lot of formal training, just the things I picked up here and there. Not to toot my own horn, but they keep asking me to do it so I must be doing something right ;)

I am going to go to the Designs School of Cosmetology. They have a program where I can go at night, and they have contracts with Redkin and Mac... two of the best product lines in my opinion. It's going to be draining going to school and work and also keeping up my relationship with my husband but to say that I am ready for a challenge, is an understatement. I can't wait to start... I haven't really even told my friend and family that I made this decision- mainly out of fear (I'm sure they will be supportive but this is a dream I have kept to myself so I am naturally terrified of everyone's reactions). My husband is going to be in the tv/movie production business so my end goal is to be a hair/makeup artist for tv/movies and eventually get into special effects makeup.

While all of these changes are happening quicker than I had planned, they are all very exciting, and with the support of my husband I know I can do it... and I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment