Friday, April 13, 2012

Hey Hey It's Your Birthday! Er... it was!

On Sunday while most people were celebrating Easter, I was celebrating my birthday with my husband. It was a perfectly relaxing day- exactly what I needed.

We slept in late, which I can describe in one word: incredible! Between all my early mornings and my crazy work schedule to say that I've missed out on a lot of sleep would be an understatement. I know they say that your body can't make up for lack of sleep but I think they're wrong. I slept in much later than I normally do, and I felt fantastic after.

My husband started off my day by bringing me breakfast in bed and I caught up on my DVR. He went out and got supplies to make some of my favorite snacks: bacon wrapped shrimp and jalapeno poppers. They were so delicious I found myself full wishing for more. Ya know that 'just one more bite' feeling when something is simply delicious? I think I'm feeling that right now... mmmm....

That evening we went to a bon fire on the beach. A friend of mine was moving away that Monday and threw a bonfire to say bye to all his friends. Despite the fact that it was my birthday I accepted the invitation and I was glad I did. I had a great time hanging out, drinking homemade cocktails around the fire. I even got in some football with the guys before the alcohol made me too tired. I did notice that just a year ago I was in that same spot throwing a bonfire for my own birthday.

After the bonfire we came home and my husband made a delicious dinner of salmon and asparagus. He is such a great cook, and although i was still full from the appetizers I couldn't help from having some. It was a full tummy kind, relaxing and fun kind of day. Exactly what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment