Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Thoughts

I have made a conscious effort the last few weeks to keep my Facebook status' relatively positive while writing my true feeling here. Today, those two things get to cross over. I have had a pretty good week, and while i still have some weak moments, they are Becomming more manageable as time goes on. I hope that things can keep improving so that I can continue to grow as a person as well as my emotional being (the latter is easier said than done)

The last few days I decided to travel to our hometown and just hang out, something I feel I havent been able to do for quite some time, but in actuality it's probably just been a few months. My husband had work and school the entire time I was to have a few days off together (also something that doesn't happen often) and i just couldn't see myself sitting around the house alone- that would surely take me a few steps back in my opinion, so off I went.

I have to say, i had the absolute best time! This is something I'm actually not used to. I have fun plenty, but my husband is usually included in that fun. While I missed him like crazy I was proud of myself for figuring out my own fun without relying on my husband to entertain me. The last few years I have been redeveloping friendships and it seems to be working for me because for once I actually want to do something other than sitting around at my place alone.

The highlight of my trip was talking with my good friend who also happens to be writing a book similar to mine. I love getting his feedback, and I also like that when we share our material I'm not the only one putting themself out there- I tend to not do so well when I have to be vulnerable.

I'm going to continue my happy streak tonight when I get home and finally get to spend time with my hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment