Friday, December 16, 2011

Dear Muffin

12/15/11
Dear Muffin,
A few days ago our doctor told me to take some time off work because i have been too sick to do very much. It's 10 days until Christmas and my orders are to take care of myself so that you stay safe in my belly.

I haven't been happy about the idea of staying in- I'm an on the go kinda girl. Just now though, I was so overcome with happiness that I had to share it with you.

I've been feeling awful all day but for some reason today has been special- even if nothing special has been happening. Daddy and i got to sleep in, which doesn't happen a lot. I woke up with both kitties purring on me (but that happens every morning, and I'll let you in on a secret- for those few minutes before i get up I feel just like Cinderella)

Daddy turned on the Christmas tree for me so i would walk into the room and see it when i got up. I hope you develop my love for Christmas trees too! We spent the day lounging on the couch together cuddling with you and the kitties.

Back to the moment of happy: I was on the couch with the kitties cuddling and Daddy was in the kitchen making his famous mac-n-cheese (the only thing you allow me to keep down most of the time- maybe its a clue for what you'll demand at dinner) and it hit me all of the sudden just how happy I am. Our lives aren't particularly exciting, but I think some of my favorite times are when Daddy and I are at home doing nothing together- and then I touched my growing belly and felt a tear go down my cheek.

I cant wait to add you into our nothing days. For a few minutes I forgot about my headache and my nausea and felt pure happiness. You never know how many moments like that you will get in life, so I thought I would share it with you.

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment