Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Attempting a Brain Clense...

Yesterday was the first day in a very long time (approximately 2 months) that i didn't feel sick for the majority of the day. Today i am feeling good too... so i thought, hey, why not try to get some writing done? Unfortunately, i spent a lot of time just staring at a computer with nothing ready to be put on paper (so to speak). I had thought my writers block was from me being sick all the time, that my brain couldn't possibly focus on anything else. Now however, i don't have that barrier, and still nothing...

I have a lot of things on my mind:
1. baby names
2. weight gain/loss
3. how not to be annoying and always talk about my pregnancy even though its the only thing on my mind
4. sex... sorry family... just being honest
5. annoyances that i cant actually write about- or i could but never let anyone read it, which to me is the exact same thing as just keeping it to myself... which seems like a frustrating endless cycle...
6. work
7. ways to avoid offending people when they are shoving another useless piece of baby info down my throat
8. our impending move back to the bay area and the longer list of concerns regarding that
9. food food food food food... i cant tell you how much pleasure it brings now that i don't have to stress about what it will be like coming back up
10. new ways to paint my nails (that's the only fun one)
11. i want to help people... i need to figure out how
12. cleaning and how much i hate it
13. finding time to decorate for xmas because i know that will improve mood instantly

However, most of these things would be boring for anyone but me to read about... so where do i start? I tried to work on my book, but i find that i spend more time re-reading and re-editing than i do actually writing new material. I have other ideas for books, but i am not sure bouncing back and forth between the 3 is the best way to actually finish any of them...

I was hoping that by getting all the nonsense out of my brain i would have a moment of clarity... that is just not the case today. I have the next 2 days off i and i think i should spend them painting and writing and maybe I'll strike inspiration... i think its best i end this post though, i am even boring myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment