Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Thankful

Its been a while since i have posted, i have been incredibly busy (i really know no other speed) but thankfully haven't had much to gripe about in the last few weeks. I am trying this new thing, where i go with the flow, and i have been very happy with the results. I have always known i was blessed in my life, even when times are hard, but here are a few things i have been thankful for lately..

I recently went on my first road trip with my BFF. The only road trips i had been on in the past are with my husband and family, so this is a new thing for me. I loved every second of it! The old me would have been obsessed with music, how many miles we were making per hour, the perfect road trip outfit, snacks and our itinerary when we got there. I am very glad to say that i didn't think about any of these things, and the 6 1/2 hour drive to the desert went by in a flash.

There is something you should know about my best friend, she is amazing. She has the biggest heart I've ever known, is always up for a good time, and her laugh is infectious. She has such a great attitude, and when she doesn't, its always a valid conversation about life. She has insight on the important things, and most of the time she doesn't even realize how brilliant she is, its adorable and part of her sweetheart charm and a big reason i love her so much.

The friend we were visiting is equally amazing. I've been friends with her since i was in high school, and while she likes to joke about how she graduated high school the same year i was born, she has never thrown her age in my face. She always made me feel important even when i was a silly teenager. She has a heart of gold, that will ultimately melt your soul the more you get to know her. She has so much wisdom but isn't forceful when it comes to offering life advice. She loves with no exceptions, and i have always felt lucky to have her to talk to.

My husband... i think people get tired of hearing how wonderful he is, but that doesn't mean i will ever stop talking about it. He has been going to school and work 7 days a week since August... literally having something to do every single day of the week with no days off and he hasn't complained once. I am completely impressed by the way he has been acting like a man, doing things that i know must suck for him, but hes doing it for our future. He has always been the one to think logically when it came to my grand plans about our future. I know if it was me in his shoes (and it was for a long time) i would do nothing but complain.

He can be so strong when it counts and it always takes me by surprise. I don't know why i am surprised each time, because he is always consistent in this way. He has been my rock since we started dating over 6 years ago. He is the one i go to when I'm unsure, scared, or just want to talk things out and he knows exactly what to say or do to make it better. I honestly don't know how i would function without him. Some women, when i talk about him, talk down to me for depending on him so much.

I personally don't see anything wrong with depending on your partner, if you cant lean on someone, why did you pick them as your partner? Isn't that what a partner is for- to be your other half, the one that completes you, the one you can laugh and cry with and not worry it changes their view on you? I am the same for him, so why is depending on someone usually met with annoying comments? I usually have to defend how much time we spend together too, but i usually just remind people that i actually like my husband and spending time with him. I have come to realize the people who don't understand are usually just trying to project their issues onto me.

What it all comes down to, is that i am incredibly thankful for my husband and the quality of friends i have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment