Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Return of Operation Baby Farm

Birthday Update: I have been working on Averie's party post and how I made everything but our Internet has been shotty lately. I'm hoping to have it up by next weekend at the latest.

Something that has been bothering me lately is my weight. I go back and forth with this pretty regularly, but so does my poundage. I've always fluctuated on the scale, and that's fine. The problem I'm having lately is that my hormones are working against me.

I've talked before how in high school I was a 00 and I don't expect to ever be back to that. I am also only 4'10" so weight really shows on me. I haven't minded being a little heftier the last few years because I still felt like I looked good. When I got pregnant I lost 25lbs from being so sick and only gained back 5. When I gave birth, I looked really good! I was a size 11 and completely comfortable with it. Then I hit 4 months post pardum and I just started bulking up... and it just hasn't stopped. When I was at the doctor I weighed in at a whopping 158lbs!!! Seriously... according to my doctor someone for my age and height should only be at 115 at the most. So... I decided that I need to shed 48lbs. That's my goal, and putting it here makes me accountable. I can't believe I just told the interweb how much I weigh... I've actually embraced my curves because they show that I'm a momma... I went through so much to be a mom so I wore my weight with pride. It's more about being healthier for my daughter now.

When I went to my doctor with my concerns his only suggestion was that it was my hormones since I'm still nursing... his advice? "Just stop breast feeding and you hormones will go back to normal." Gee... thanks. I guess I'm one of those unlucky people who don't shed weight with nursing. Since I am NOT going to stop nursing anytime soon I figured the best thing to do would be to clean up my diet. I've never been a huge soda person but ever since the holidays for some reason I've been drinking them like crazy, and ever since I was pregnant we've had a huge bowl of ice cream each after the baby goes to sleep. So I came up with a list of things that would be pretty easy to give up and put it into play last Monday:
  1. NO SODA
  2. No more late night ice cream, if I do have it, it's only 2 scoops instead of a giant bowl with "the works"
  3. Snacks need to be smart: No more chips... I love things like cottage cheese and greek yogurt so why not have more of those?
  4. No more RedBulls... this one is hard because even writing it my mouth just watered! I love coffee so I just put more fun into my K-Cup selections so I wouldn't be tempted to get some wings.
  5. Fast food is only for "I may die if I don't eat" situations. I've already made the decision to eat at home 3x this week instead of getting some fast food just because it was there. Plus, its saving me money!
My hubby has put on some lbs the last year as well and we both agree that we are kidding ourselves if we try and change our diet and jump into a strict exercise regimen all at the same time. With a kid, its REALLY hard to find time to work out, so we are going to take it slowly and as Averie gets older it should be easier for us to find time to work out too. I know there are all these people that say time away from your kid to work on you is essential, but I'm just not there yet. I've been working on getting up early (while the rest of the fam is still sleeping) so my body gets used to it- and then I'll start working out. For me, I feel less guilty spending time on myself while she's sleeping than during the day when I can be with her, so this works for me.

Right now, I feel like a winner if I get out of bed at 6am haha! Baby steps people, baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment