Sunday, August 5, 2012

Surprising Even Myself

I didn't even realize that it's been weeks since I last updated. I guess you could say I've been caught up in life... in a great way. I've been so happy and there is even a part of me waiting for the other shoe to drop. I keep feeling like I should be having some kind of nervous break down during this pregnancy, but I feel great. Even on the days that morning sickness gets the best of me I still feel great- I feel thankful and respectful of the blessing we've been giving.

I've been going through each day as it comes, and each day I am trying to anticipate the inevitable emotional melt down that for some reason, I'm convinced I'm supposed to have.... but I haven't. I keep trying to figure out what I'm feeling but I'm not feeling anything in particular. I am happy, I am going with the flow... I'm at ease and its kinda weird lol

At our ultrasound on the 30th we found out that I am 7 weeks along. Our Dr thinks that I ovulated late causing me not to be as far along as he initially thought. The best part of the appointment was hearing the heart beat- it was good and strong and its a great sign that everything is going the way it should. We go in again on Thursday to re-measure my uterus and finally nail down a due date. Right now, he gave us March 20th, 2013... March 17th is our 8 Year anniversary together, and March 19th is our 2nd wedding anniversary. We couldn't help but be amused at the timing. We are also secretly hoping that the baby decides to come between the 17th and the 19th- it would be especially perfect if they came on the 18th... right in between both of our important dates (and also the birthday of one of my favorite people).

We have decided that things are going to be different this time. I am embracing the annoying pregnancy symptoms. I'm actually finding humor in the fact that my body is changing faster than last time, and I am enjoying the challenge of finding cute maternity clothes while packing up the clothes I can't use in the foreseeable future. Actually, I got a surprise from myself while I was unpacking all my old maternity clothes... I had written myself a note and completely forgotten about it. So when I read it, it confirmed everything I've already been embracing. It was sweet so I'll leave you all with it and the knowledge that for once, I am all good ;) I'm pretty confident that Mason is watching over all 3 of us and that is why we are doing so well.

1/30/12
Cheyenne,
If you are opening this- we are pregnant again! Yay for us! Hopefully, you are happy and healthy and our baby is doing great.
Hopefully you are still excited to get back into these!
Love yourself, forgive yourself and embrace everything about this baby.

<3 you

No comments:

Post a Comment